The Endpoint Manager commercial module is a must-have add-on for all FreePBX deployments. I can not stress enough how much easier this product will make your life!
The Endpoint Manager commercial module is a must-have add-on for all FreePBX deployments. I can not stress enough how much easier this product will make your life! Sangoma phones can use the Endpoint Manager without needing the license, but for all other phone brands, this module is required (and highly recommended). With the Endpoint Manager, you get the ability to create templates for your phones. These templates allow you to control firmware versions, set up phone buttons, set up phone options, add background images, and remotely provision and reboot phones when necessary. I use this product in all of my FreePBX deployments, and it allows me to remotely provision, configure, make changes to, and reboot phones. It doesn’t matter if the FreePBX is hosted or on-premise, this product is absolutely invaluable.
UCP for EPM
This commercial module also comes with UCP for ECM – a module that is used to allow your users to manipulate the buttons that show up on their phones. When they log into the User Control Panel (UCP), they will have this option (it can be disabled if you don’t want them to use it), and can set buttons such as BLF keys and speed dials.
More information about the Endpoint Manager from the FreePBX website:
With the Commercially Supported FreePBX Endpoint Manager you can Auto Provision & Configure directly from the GUI interface over 220 popular Desk Phone, Wireless Phones, Door Phones, Overhead Paging Devices, Gateways and Specialty devices from the following manufacturers: Aastra, Algo, AND, Audiocodes, Cisco, Cyberdata, Digium, Grandstream, Mitel, Panasonic, Polycom, Sangoma, Snom, Xorcom & Yealink.
For a complete list of supported phones click here.
- Per Brand Templates– For each type of device you can create one or more templates that can be used to generate configuration files.
- Manage the devices on your network 100% from the GUI.
- Provision via any protocol your phone supports FTP, TFTP or HTTP
- Create New Templates, Import, Export Edit
- Provide Default Templates for each device on your network
- Use templates for individuals or share across groups of phones.
- BLF Key Substitution for substituting a users extension when apply the same template to multiple users
- Easily Program Phone Keys & Button Assignments with drag and drop enabled templates.